There are many technology learning opportunities available to UC Berkeley staff, including:
- Calpact: computer training for UCB staff to learn new skills, enhance productivity and increase career mobility on campus.
- E-Learn: a set of online learning options available to staff from work or home on a 24 hour basis. Some of the components offered on this site are e-learning courses on business and IT topics, reference books, job aids, preparation for some certification programs, and career development resources. To access e-Learn, log in to Berkeley's portal, blu, and click on "e-Learn" in the "Self-Service" section.
- UC Learning Center: a portal to workplace learning where UCB staff can enroll in campus-sponsored classes, take an e-course, read e-books, or create an individual learning plan. To access the learning center’s technology courses, go to Berkeley's portal, blu, and select the UCB Learning Center in the "Self Service" section.
- bConnected: Led by instructors knowledgeable in Google applications, training sessions in all the bConnected tools are available for staff and faculty.
- Educational Technology Services: ETS offers hands-on training workshops for faculty, graduate students, and support staff on course web sites, and classroom technologies.
- Training on administrative systems. BFS/BAIRS and CADS provide dedicated web pages for training opportunities. Training opportunities for other administrative systems can be found on the UC Learning Center website.
- UC Extension. UNEX offers a wide variety of professional-level courses. Click here for information about UCB staff discounts.
Local area technology training vendors include:
TS Help Desk
Phone: (510) 642-0434